LawnCare Madness - 3D mower game

Check out this mower game I am working on for school!

http://youtu.be/iEuSYJOfTdg
http://freesound.org/
Stop violating my ears.
Also I notice that you mow either one or two rows without any indication why is it happening.
I agree, the sound is terrible, but it is for school and they aren't expecting much from a student. My issue is also the fact that going up and down you suddenly jump randomly from one or two rows, but always do one row going left and right.
All sounds are done with my voice. How do you not love this? =)
Just look at those contour lines! What kind of sick individual doesn't diagonally cross-hatch? You're even worse then those spiral goons!
Last edited on
Maybe I should of mentioned this is my FIRST 3D game. This game is also one that does not take itself seriously(hence the compliment button). I also do not plan on a commercial release. So you don't have to worry about it polluting your Android/Apple marketplace

That was meant to be satire. I mowed lawns for a few summers when I was a kid and I always got a kick out of how much some people care about arbitrary details like these.
I can never tell anymore... Appreciate the love
I don't know I find the sound effects pretty funny just because of how "indie" they sound. Needs some cool music though.

Also if you didn't tell me I wouldn't of known this was a 3D game.
I don't see the 3D, can you draw a circle around it?
I personally love the sound. And my cat loved the graphics. He sat on my keyboard and watched the black things bounce around. Good work!
That game is badass. What libraries are you using erock 88.
numnumnumnum.
The sound was great. I used to watch a TV show called "Doug" when I was a kid. All of the sounds in that were vocally produced. Reminded me of that. Kudos. :-)
I'm one of those people who absolutely cannot stand organic (person/animal) made sounds, especially eating. I'm with MiiNiPaa.

I honestly have no idea why such sounds bother me, but bother me they do and it almost sucks the logic right out of me.
Not to continue harping on the sound effects, but is it just me, or the lawnmower sound is just someone going "pfffffft" at the microphone?
But hey, don't get me wrong. I think http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StylisticSuck is great.

Also if you didn't tell me I wouldn't of known this was a 3D game.

@James2250 I considered making the camera a little bit more
mobile, which would make it easier to tell it is actually a
3D game, but my time budget is running low.

I personally love the sound. And my cat loved the graphics. He sat on my keyboard and watched the black things bounce around. Good work!

@Stewbond thanks for the love. Tell your cat thank you as well.

That game is badass. What libraries are you using erock 88.

@Drrockso Thanks! I used XNA with C#

The sound was great. I used to watch a TV show called "Doug" when I was a kid. All of the sounds in that were vocally produced. Reminded me of that. Kudos. :-)

@iHutch105 Thanks! It is funny because people often tell me
I sound like and look like Doug. ha

Not to continue harping on the sound effects, but is it just me, or the lawnmower sound is just someone going "pfffffft" at the microphone?

@helios YUP! All the sounds are me! Even the sounds on the main menu!
LB wrote:
I don't see the 3D, can you draw a circle around it?

The lawnmower, cans in each corner, and the black things bouncing around are 3D objects in a top-down perspective. At least that is what I see from first glance.
Last edited on
The lawnmower, cans in each corner, and the black things bouncing around are 3D objects in a top-down perspective. At least that is what I see from first glance.

@BHX Specter Good eyes!

Oh not to spam everyone but if you all would like to follow me on my new twitter please do! It will be my attempt at a devlog!

@codeWithHambone

Forgot to say the fence is also 3D. My question is, are the grass tiles just 3D planes with a grass texture applied too?
My question is, are the grass tiles just 3D planes with a grass texture applied too?

@BHX Specter Yes, I had originally used a 3D grass model but it was really hard to see them and once I rendered more than a 1000 my frame rate dropped.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.