Having trouble choosing school

I currently attend a community college and I need to start deciding on a university but Im having a very veryhard time deciding what I need to look for.

I am going to go for my bachelors in computer science specifically for c++ game design/software development. What classes should I be looking for to take? Some different universitys offer different comouter science classes and Im not sure what classes would best suite that specific major. I havent been able to find anything on their websites without actually contacting the schools academic advisors
Im already planning to take intro c++, advance c++ and visual c++ (1 step above advance c++) before attending a ubiversity

By the way I live in the usa
If you are going into software development you will probably have to take other programming classes than just c++.
Well Id like to maininly focus on game development which yes is other than just c++ but c++ is what Id be specializing in and Id have the software development as a backup in case I dont get employed in the gaming industry
But also what other languages would you suggest, java? Python?
Not sure exactly what you would need. You will have to look into the exact degree you want. Where I live I am pretty sure the CS is mainly c++, java, and assembly. Then algorithms, data structures, and other stuff like that.
Depends on what college as I know some CS degrees that cover assembly, C, C++, Java, C#, Scheme and then go to algorithms, data structures, etc. That is something you should ask an advisor at the colleges you are interested in so they can get you an answer.
Thanks for your input guys, appreciate it
I would recommend going to meetup.com and finding people who are doing things that interest you. It's hard to know what you need to know until you know you don't know it. :)

edit: My first reported post... interesting to not get a reason. If it's because I didn't say what college to go to, it's because I don't think college is very important, particularly in the tech field.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.