IRC: a great resource

Join us at irc.quakenet.org/#cplusplus

Even if you don't like that channel, there are thousands of others. I have found IRC to be invaluble in my efforts to expand my knowledge of C++.

Just throwing it out there! :)
Last edited on
in case you dont know what irc is: first download a client, like hexchat, xchat, mirc, or kiwiirc, and then for the server name you put in irc.quakenet.org (typically the command would be /server irc.quakenet.org) and then join the channel #cplusplus (/join #cplusplus) if you have any questions about connecting dont hesitate to ask
Agreed, I really think something like this could help out beginners a lot (and should be more visible). As well as just being an awesome place to hang out/discuss projects.

Just joined today and now you all have to deal with me there regularly :D.
@Little Bobby Tables You can also use http://webchat.quakenet.org/ to join.
i dont like that one though because it will only allow you on quakenet
KiwiIRC has been the best web based IRC client I've found. Though even it has its problems and quirks.
werent they getting ddosed though?
Awhile back they had issues with that. But it's a relatively new, open-source, and free project. Can't blame them for others being dicks.
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
ResidentBiscuit wrote:
Can't blame them for others being dicks.

Easy to say, but difficult in practice. In today's competitive market, the strong can pretty much sustain their dominance by forcing smaller, weaker competition to fork out >$1,000 / month in attack protection services like staminus or blacklotus. Most users do blame them simply because they don't understand the circumstances. The only thing users understand is that any particular service is slow.

I hope the NSA tracks down some of these botnet operators and makes a few more deep-sea deposits out of them.

I'll make an effort to idle about sometimes.
Last edited on
Luc Lieber said:
I hope the NSA tracks down some of these botnet operators and makes a few more deep-sea deposits out of them.

I doubt it... the NSA is probably too busy spying on the american citizens.
you know that was blown really out of porportion right?
That's just what they want you to think.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.