Programming bio

Pages: 12
I started coding when i got in collage and c++ is my first programming language after an year i tried started learning sdl which i didnt completed and am planning to complete it now in my 2nd year of collage we were thought sql which is quite intresting now am 21 years old whats your programming history
I "attempted" to learn java when I was 15, had no idea were to start what to do. It all seemed so confusing, I gave up after a month and only got as far as a hello word program.

Well now I am 18, had no idea what I wanted to do with life after one semester of college. I've always ben interested in computers, actually anything technological I've been interested in. I decided to pick up programming again, bought a book and have been reading it. I've made a few 100-200 line programs and was hooked on programing. Something about being able to make a program work really just makes me happy. So I'm now signed up for c++ courses in my community college and will transfer on to move forward
We have like twenty of these threads...
marked as duplicate: This question has already been asked and has multiple answers.
@Lachlan Easton
I see someone miss stackoverflow? :)
Yeah, I think we have all gotten tired of typing up our backgrounds over and over. Glad to see some of our members have short term memory loss or can't read.
Thanks @football52 for your bio and yes i didn't know they were threads like this anyways how can i find them cause there are 1000 of threads in lounge
There's a wonderful feature that is integrated to this site called the "search bar". ;)
Last edited on
It is threads like this that made me wipe my bio. Figured no one bothered looking at them otherwise they wouldn't have these threads.
I honestly don't see the point of deleting the bio that you already typed, it really doesn't make any sense to me.

I could see you not wanting to type a bio, but it's just extra work for you to delete it, and really isn't even worth it imho.
Yep, tons of extra work. CTRL + A followed by Delete.
Kind of a childish reason to delete a bio if you ask me.
Lachlan Easton wrote:

I think it has already been established that, even at almost 33 years old I still have a childish part to my personality, but thank you for your premature assessment of my actions based on one thing I mentioned without knowing my full reasoning.
This is Rage Quit Room. People delete things all the time here: posts, bios, accounts...
You're right, I don't know your full reasoning, but the reason you gave (in your current bio) is childish. Though maybe that's not the right word, immature?

No point in filling this in because people either don't read it or don't believe it.

Not childish, nor immature. In regards to this site, it is rather factual as a lot of the members have admitted they don't bother looking at the user bios and you can find threads where a few members said they don't believe my experience.

I could have stole another member's bio:

People actually look at these profiles?
Last edited on
But there is no point in deleting a biography that was already written out.

Not childish, nor immature.
Yes, it is. It's actually leaning towards attention-seeking if you ask me. What you put there in place of it further proves my point.
Avilius wrote:
But there is no point in deleting a biography that was already written out.

True, if I was part of a site that had users that read the bios. Also, I have the same bio on every site I'm part of so putting it back is a matter of copy and paste. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
Avilius wrote:
Yes, it is. It's actually leaning towards attention-seeking if you ask me. What you put there in place of it further proves my point.

Further proves my point...er....wait...what I put in place of it? What I put in place of it is fact of this site as most users on here have admitted they don't bother reading the bios because they either don't care about what they say or they don't believe what is there due to the anonymity of the internet.

Attention-seeking? Do you realize how illogical that is. I firmly believe a majority of the users don't read bios. So if I believe they don't read them, then tell me how changing a bio to what I have is attention seeking? I changed my bio to that months ago, which no one even noticed until I pointed it out today a couple of days ago (kind of slow for attention seeking). Yet further proof to prove my point that no one reads bios.
Last edited on
The majority of users might not read bios, but what about the ones that do?
Bio's can easily be falsified (I could claim to be Bjarne himself), but the user's active participation in the other forums and showing of their programming knowledge and abilities is what truly matters on sites like these, not what the bio says or doesn't say.
Pages: 12