Programming bio

Pages: 12
but the user's active participation in the other forums
Now see that's a reason to not have a bio. Let other people build a profile of you based on your actions and all that. But that's not what you have listed, and what you have listed is (IMO) a piss weak excuse (some people do read profiles and some of those do believe what they read).
So you consider my bio a weak excuse, but what if I had put something like this?
People actually look at these profiles?

I think that's for comedic affect.
*shrugs* I don't have a sense of humor that I'm aware of.

Since I've grown tired of defending my choice of bio, I will simply remove it to just the Henry Ford quote. It really is amazing how often I find myself having to defend my choices and views on this site.
True, if I was part of a site that had users that read the bios. Also, I have the same bio on every site I'm part of so putting it back is a matter of copy and paste. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
You definitely made it worse than it already was, by including your unnecessary comment stating that you removed your biography. I do admit that I did do some work in making the issue larger than it already is.

Attention-seeking? Do you realize how illogical that is. I firmly believe a majority of the users don't read bios. So if I believe they don't read them, then tell me how changing a bio to what I have is attention seeking? I changed my bio to that months ago, which no one even noticed until I pointed it out today a couple of days ago (kind of slow for attention seeking). Yet further proof to prove my point that no one reads bios.
What's attention seeking is that you pointed it out. If no one reads biographies, then no one should care, right?
@BHX Specter
If nobody looked at profiles how would I know you quoted Disch's. I often look at user profiles, though I'm more interested in links to personal sites and projects then bios. It may be true that most users don't pay any attention to profiles, but that doesn't mean nobody does.
Avilius wrote:
You definitely made it worse than it already was, by including your unnecessary comment stating that you removed your biography. I do admit that I did do some work in making the issue larger than it already is.

I made it worse? Let's see, I said it and only two acknowledged I said it.
Avilius wrote:
What's attention seeking is that you pointed it out. If no one reads biographies, then no one should care, right?

Again your logic is flawed. I pointed it out because I knew no one would care, well apparently no one cared except you and Lachlan Easton seeing as you were the only two that commented on it.

@naraku9333
Is that Disch's? I just remember reading it (mainly because I thought it was funny) on a profile from a site and quoted it. I was thinking it was from a GD.Net profile, but couldn't remember.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
My profile is finely crafted to give just the right amount of information that I believe people need to know.
Canis lupus wrote:
My profile is finely crafted to give just the right amount of information that I believe people need to know.
I don't know what we would ever do without your bio.
Canis lupus wrote:

Your bio makes me think of Prince when I read it. o_O
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
ooh... *click*click*click* even better.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12