Getting audio out of a HDMI wire

closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is anything I can do/but to get a 3.5mm audio jack out of a HDMI wire. I have a monitor that has HDMI but no 3.5mm out and I need it. Thank you
If you need audio, why not just put a speaker / headphone / etc into the audio jack on the computer?
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Sry, id like to make it more clear, so I have a PS4 connected to the monitor and as you may know the jack is not on the ps4, its on the controller. So my problem here now is that I have a usb powered headset and it has one wire till the very end where it splits into 3, mic, headphones and a usb cable.. I want the usb to go into the ps4, then the 3.5mm headphone to go into that hdmi splitter thing and then i have a chat cable which i can plus into my controller which will mean that i have mic and headphones working

I have Turtle Beach X12s btw
Hmmm.... I maybe mistaken, so correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have a PS4), but isn't there an auxiliary port on the PS4? It says it on their website, but you could find (or buy) a splitter (aux to mic in / audio out). I don't know a whole lot about consoles (pc gamer myself), but would that work? Usually, if a monitor has speakers, it will have these ports. Most cases I have seen digital splitters (hdmi, dvi, vga, etc) not to work. But the only splitter that HAS worked for me is audio. Most monitors that don't have speakers do not have audio i/o ports. Some do, but most don't. I would try the thing I mentioned. If you can't find a splitter around your house, this one is super cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Audio-Splitter-Cable-3-5mm/dp/B009NEX6SC
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.