New here

Like to take the time to just say hello. I have learned so much from you professional programmers and at times I find that I am beating myself up over the stupidest of mistakes or little errors. Take for instance I was working on a program that called for class Employee and even had it set in the header file correctly but yesterday I worked on it for an hour and kept getting errors, but this morning I came back and looked at it again and within 20 mins had it figured out and was able to get it to run...

Cheers
hey op! welcome! just some things you should know: there is a format section. if you hover over each button it will say something. when you want to post that kind of content, it should go between the two tags generated by that button. ie:
[code] this is your code [/code] and this is your output

so, if you need instant help we have an irc channel: irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus (we recently got a mumble server as well thank you very much computerquip). if you want to post lots of source code: pastebin.com, or github if you know how to use it. if you need to post pics of what code is doing there are plenty of websites. i prefer imgur however since i already use it for other things.

as long as we are posting embarrasing stories... i once got stuck for an hour on this:
while(some_boolean_condition);
{
    // ...
}

and 4 hours on this:
//util.cpp - implementation of util.hpp
#include <util.cpp> 

the latter one didnt give me an improper include error. instead it said i went pasted the nested include limit. i sat for another half hour looking at it before i had to go to school, printed it out, went to school, and figured it out with in 5 minutes. pissed me off
Last edited on
Yep I knew about that, and the assistance from the community is great. Sometimes I will work a problem until it becomes clear that I can't figure it out then I will turn to those that have the knowledge. Just a good way of learning from my mistakes
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.