Israel

Pages: 12
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I have mainly kept out of this thread because my condemnation here would not solve anything, therefore I only see this thread as a potentially volatile one. I do have strong views on this subject but here is not the place to air them.
The Hamas tactic seams basic. Launch rockets, then clear out of the area. So by the time Israel fires back on the launch site. The Hamas are safe. Now I am not over there and I have figured that much out. So clearly Israel intelligence also knows this. Then why do they fire back on the spot knowing it will not harm their enemy the Hamas? Why do they attack knowing only the civilians will be killed?

The only conclusion I can come to is that Israel is clearing the way for their next expansion into Palistine.
Hamas seems to have no real leader or whoever is in charge there isn't smart. They don't have the resources to effectively hinder Israel but insist on firing more rockets, which either fall short of their target, hit nothing critical, or gets intercepted by Israel's anti missile system,which then eventually leads to their brethren getting killed in retaliation. It makes no sense.
Last edited on
What makes no sense is the American support of Israel's bullying. Last I heard, America not only gives Israel money, but weapons and even sometimes soldiers to fight. Nobody asked me if I was okay with this. If Israel wants to act tough then they should do it on their own, without U.S. support.
Manga wrote:
What makes no sense is the American support of Israel's bullying.

According to some groups of American protesters, America is a bully too. So if you adopt that logic, then it makes perfect sense (just a bully supporting a bully then).
The ecologist thinks that Israel provoked terrorist action to justify a land grab for oil http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/2482929/gaza_israels_4_billion_gas_grab.html
To quote the original article on The Guardian:
The Israel-Palestine conflict is clearly not all about resources.

So, not quite the sweeping generalization that this is strictly over oil.
Yeah Im prone to that kind of sweeping statement thank you Ispil
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12