Debugger 3.16: My daily life as a debug function

H-E-L-L-O. Can anyone read this?

I’ve hacked myself into the servers of cplusplus to send you this message - please read it !!!

My name is Debugger 3.16, I'm a debug function with artificial intelligence and I need your help to find and delete all the bugs in the new game from my developer, Michael Schaefer.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I’m the 316th version of debug functions created by my developer. But he wasn’t satisfied with my predecessors. They didn’t found all the bugs and so Mr. Schaefer he… he... deleted……………. ALL OF THEM !!!

Let's not let that happen to me....Please!

Get more informations about me on my Kickstarter page where you also can
support me: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1126778555/debugger-316-my-daily-life-as-a-debug-function

I… WANT… TO… LIVE!

Thank you!

Sincerely yours,
Debugger 3.16
Your post at first was very odd but the game looks pretty interesting.
Huh, this actually looks pretty neat from the screenshots. I can't watch the video from work, but I will once I get home.
closed account (NUj6URfi)
I'm interested in the target age and how complex the code gets.
Hi there!

I'm Michael Schaefer, the developer of the game!

The target age is 12-40 I think.

My plan is to enable everybody who finished the game to program his own game. In order to reach this goal the player gets access to a special step-by-step tutorial after finishing the main game. In that tutorial I program a small game step by step. Most functions used in that tutorial are also included in the main game so the player knows it already...

The code is not too complex but as I said before it'll be complex enough to learn everything to create your own game!

Sorry, my english is not the best! ;)

Might be an odd question... but I would only be interested in the puzzle portion of the game rather than the learning portion, simply because I don't think there's much for me to be taught from a game like this at my level (not to sound conceited, just realistic). Would I still be interested in later parts of the game?
I think it is meant to help people learn programming not teach people who already know how to program.

Though, I would be interested in knowing which graphics library/game engine it is meant for/used in making.
Last edited on
I wasn't aware that learning was the only intention of the game though. He didn't indicate as such.
It still looks fun if the puzzles become complex.
Hi there!

I'm Michael Schaefer, the developer of the game!

The target age is 12-40 I think.

My plan is to enable everybody who finished the game to program his own game. In order to reach this goal the player gets access to a special step-by-step tutorial after finishing the main game. In that tutorial I program a small game step by step. Most functions used in that tutorial are also included in the main game so the player knows it already...

The code is not too complex but as I said before it'll be complex enough to learn everything to create your own game!

Sorry, my english is not the best! ;)

I always wanted to make a code, puzzle solving game where the player has to write small simple bits of code to progress in the game, and finds hints and information in the game world.
Of course the game will be fun for talented programmers too! ;)

If you want to get the latest news of the game development you can also
like the project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/debugger316?focus_composer=true&ref_type=Bookmark

As engine I'm using A8, you can find more infos about that here:
http://www.3dgamestudio.com/
Last edited on
Alright. There's no explicit explanations of the platforms that engine supports. What platforms are you aiming for?

Actually never mind. You state on the KS page that you're aiming for Windows.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.