HP Recall

In case some of you haven't seen this yet: https://h30652.www3.hp.com/

Ignore the part where is says:
Not all power cords with the “LS-15” molded mark are affected.

If you qualify, get it replaced.
:O Just a couple weeks ago my HP laptop was charging and I started hearing this static type noise. I got up and realized it was coming from the power supply deal on the power cable. I unplugged it and havent plugged it back in since.
Think I'm safe. My laptop is from 2006 and the power cord is from 2013.
@ BHX: It was sold to you in 2013. How long has it been sitting in the distributors warehouse? They cross-ship these replacements so you won't be down and out for any length of time.

The stance that my office is taking is that anything with the "LS-15" mark is going back, no dice rolls or waiting to see what happens. The LAST thing I want to deal with is some kind of incendiary incident prompting OSHA to send in the troops so that they can nag at me about how far apart our power strips are sitting from each other. Man, there are decorations in that office that would probably start a federal siege from some pencil pushers overreaction.
Never said the cord was an HP product.

[EDIT] Got to looking, my power cord that connects to the laptop is the original one from 2006, apparently it is just the three pronged cord that plugs into the wall and the adapter that I replaced (bought a longer one). And a 12 cell battery pack for longer battery life.

I seldom buy anything from HP due to their regular product recalls they have. Only got the laptop because it was the cheapest the store had at $600 so I could program on the go.
Last edited on
@ BHX: You do know who Foxconn is right? Yes, I AM paranoid. Safety is important to me and you should at least consider evaluating my perspective as your own, even if you ultimately reject it.
A paranoid outlook can be dangerous and lead a person to do drastic things. I'll pass.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.