Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

closed account (z05DSL3A)
Cheraphy wrote:
Off main topic, but on the topic of Douglas Adams. Have any of you guys ever watched the 6 episode miniseries? It stars the actors who did the radio show
here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/141344/#msg746563
I watch it whenever it gets shown (repeated), it is brilliant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/
Last edited on
Actually I'm fairly sure I have a recording of the original radio broadcast somewhere.

I also watched the film over the weekend...not as good as the radio, TV, or book but what the heck.
The film wasn't bad they just cut too much of the book out. Other then that I've only ever read the book (about a half dozen times) but I will check out that link the next chance I get. Thank you.
I remember one of my elementary school friends showing me the tv series just a couple weeks before the movie came out.
When asked about how work was coming along on the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy movie, Douglas Adams said:
"The Hollywood process is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it."

I don't see the film as being bad as such, but I always get disappointed because my brain anticipates parts that I like from the book and the film fails to deliver.

"... aaarrrrrgggghhhh ..."
"I'll never be cruel to a gin and tonic again"
Last edited on
42. ;)
I never saw the movies, but I've read the books.
@fabstasticwill
Do you realise you just posted on topic dead for 20 days !
BTW , I just read the first two books this month :)
No I didn't notice. Actually IWishIKnew posted something 21 days ago.
I was raised on 60s/70s/80s sci fi. Mostly 70s. So Hitchhicker's, Dr. Who, red dwarf, star trek, etc. Watched a lot of VHS rips of these things, growing up. That made the Hitchiker's movie especially disappointing. (and the Dr. Who phenomenon to be weird at first)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.