Thinking of a new facebook privacy setting called "sociopath", check out my idea...

Pages: 12
I used to be exactly like Barclay from TNG. Until I figured out more about myself and quit caffeine.

But for a while, this scene hit home for me in a big way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJuKY_APIk
I always have a hard time with names. Not just remembering names, but matching names to identities. For example, I frequently get Disch and Duoas mixed up. I generally have a hard time remembering what makes a person stand out from other people I know, and the only thing that helps is remembering my past interactions (which are generally vague). Sometimes I will see someone and recognize their face but have no idea who they are or how I know them.
Not going to advocate self medication or breaking the law, but preliminary research (and about 4 cases of anecdotal evidence I personally can vouch for) has shown the compounds in marijuana to reduce the symptoms of asperger syndrome.
Who's breaking the law? Recreational pot is legal! (at least where I live)

I never understood why it was illegal anyway.

And I don't even smoke it.
Last edited on
I'm the same way when it comes to remembering people I've interacted with only a few times. I don't confuse names up though. To me, Disch and Duoas are two completely unrelated, seperate people.

Ideally you're right... but realistically people often have to get a job wherever the work is available.
I just wanted to say, I agree 100% with you, most jobs don't cater to employees.
I understand that, but if you have to become a different person when you go to work, chances are you'll slip and get yourself fired for just being who you are.

I'm not saying that you should be able to do whatever you want. I'm simply saying that changing personality to fit a job is not somthing anyone should do, because it will inevidably lead to resentment.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12