Need advice please

I'm about to finish my Associates in Liberal Arts and want to be a computer programmer. I already know a good bit of C++ but i'm not comfortable with the whole language. I don't know if I should transfer to four year college and get CS degree or go to a trade school and specialize in programming. I am not very good at math, i'm better than most but not sure I can handle it. Can anyone give me some advice?
Last edited on
Not sure why this is in the jobs section. Maybe edit and move to "Lounge?"

As far as the topic, I would suggest getting a bachelor degree since a lot of places looking to hire require a bachelor degree.
I would prefer to get a bachelors but i've heard the math is insane.
Last edited on
Can anyone who has graduated or in progress of something similiar give me some guidance?
?
Im about to graduate with a BSc in CS. The math wasn't that crazy. Calc 1, 2, 3; Linear algebra; two semesters of discrete math (one more computing oriented, one more proof oriented); Applied stats; and of course whatever prereqs you need (college algebra, intro stats, trig).

I went into college basically hating math. High school did a very poor job of getting me interested in it, but getting into college and higher level math classes got me more interested and I'm now halfway decent at the topics ive taken. So I wouldn't judge your math skills based on how well you did you in high school.

If you want to be a developer, I recommend going to a 4 year school. Just go look at any job posting and they're most likely going to have that as a requirement.
OP you should get your Associate's in computer science and transfer to get your bachelor's degree. That's what I'm planning to do. You have more of a chance to get a better paying job as for the math part, they aren't going to drop you in Calculus first you'll go step by step.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.