Microsoft bought Mojang

Pages: 12
The next "big purchase" I'd want would be a car (and driving lessons).

How hard is it to get a license in the UK? In the US it's easy. Like, dangerously easy in most states.
I think in most euro countries they ride bikes, take buses, or use the train to get places. Same with a lot of them have apartments instead of houses. At least that is what my cousin from Germany says.
This guy has a good take on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmb6gp8ufdA
You don't need to watch the video, just listen.
Cheraphy wrote:
How hard is it to get a license in the UK?

I don't know because I've never tried.

giblit wrote:
I think in most euro countries they ride bikes, take buses, or use the train to get places.

Public transport is only good in certain cities in England. In London, you can get a bus or an underground train (we call it a tube) pretty much anywhere at all times of day, but in rural areas public transport is a no-go and you need a car. I live in a smallish city on the coast (Brighton) most of the time and the rest of the time I live on the outskirts of London. In Brighton, the public transport is just ok. You can get buses most places but they're overpriced, there's no underground (the city is way too small) and there are only a couple of train stations so the overground train (which is much cheaper than the bus) is useless unless you live next to the station and where you want to go is next to another station. But it's such a small city, you may as well just walk - it takes like 30 minutes to get from one side to the other. As for where I live in greater London, the transport is excellent but the buses and trains are still overpriced.

Same with a lot of them have apartments instead of houses

Only in the larger cities. Outside of cities there aren't many (though still some) apartment blocks. Also we usually call them flats rather than apartments.
Last edited on
I am never updating minecraft...

Enough said.
Just make a backup of the current version, what ever they come up with might actually be worth checking out :P
Microsoft isn't bad just because it's Microsoft. It's bad because of their actions. What can they do wrong with minecraft?
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Many stuff, they are probably gonna stop mods, then probably go straight to MC 2.0 and make it better for Xbox and probably stop the PS4 updates. There are many stuff they can do.

Bukkit is down aswell
Bukkit is down for other reasons.

Microsoft also isn't stupid. They have no reason to intentionally lower the user base of their product that's already in place.

Hell, if anything, Microsoft has developers that are *way* more experienced than Jeb or Notch. They could easily improve the game.
Microsoft also isn't stupid. They have no reason to intentionally lower the user base of their product that's already in place.

That obviously isn't their goal, but it might end up being the end result. Microsoft is a business, so they're going to do whatever turns a profit. If that means making it XBox exclusive in order to boost xbox sales, then they might do it, even if it lowers the user base.
Notch hasn't written any code for Minecraft in years.
If that means making it XBox exclusive in order to boost xbox sales, then they might do it, even if it lowers the user base.

This^

However, as of the takeover we have had confirmation that the other platforms will remain in development. That could change, but yea.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Some troll

Hello, this is Kakashi from Microsoft, here to address some of the changes in the upcoming Minecraft 1.9! We've decided that the game needed a Windows 8 menu format to optimize your favorite looks! We've also removed the font from the game as it looked to unreadable for Microsoft's standards. As for the game, we added gravity to make it more challenging for you experienced players. We renamed gold "butter" because you imbeciles have been asking for it for so long, and butter has replaced diamonds. Diamonds are now used to make a wedding ring to propose to your "gf"s. We've made the mobs much more intelligent, and realistic. Now mobs run faster than the player as they do in real life and can maneuver throughout the game with ease while fleeing. Now guys, pixels are SO 1980s, so we decided; "Fuck the pixels! Make it all cleaner and HD!" So we changed all your textures to one simply beautiful texture we call Micro's Soft. It makes the whole game look like an Xbox One. Speaking of Xbox One, you can now ONLY play Minecraft on the Xbox One to increase our bullshit console's sales. We also removed swords and bows to make guns from Halo, our Xbox exclusive first person shooter. Finally, circles. The game is no longer cubed, and it is renamed to Microcraft. We hope you understand these changes!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12