Is a Masters in CS worth it?

I'm in a situation that I'm not sure what I should do. I'm currently done with my degrees in Physics and Applied Math, so I'm taking a few upper level CS courses at my current state university. I've done nuclear physics research for the past 3 years on campus, so I have some experience in having to write code to analyze data and whathaveyou.

My goal was to go to grad school for a masters in CS next fall since I don't have a bachelors in CS, though I do have two other heavy scientific degrees with research experience. I've taken courses such as data structures, computer organization (Assembly & Hardware Design), and a few other courses. I was wondering if it was worth it to get a masters in CS, or if I should just try and jump into industry first? I want to get into software development. This is a new thought for me so I just looked for jobs to see what it was about, and they say that they're looking for people with CE, CS, and equivalent degrees. Would you consider my current status as being a competitive job applicant?
> Would you consider my current status as being a competitive job applicant?

Yes, if the domain is scientific research. (Especially nuclear physics research).

For other domains, a Masters in CS would be a good idea.
Getting into Nuclear Physics Research is near impossible without a PhD in Physics or a PhD in CS. I know people who have gone that route. I used to want to do nuclear physics, though I've lost the drive after over working myself. One thing that I've always liked doing in it was the programming aspect of it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.