• Forum
  • Lounge
  • which is better BA or BS in computer sci

which is better BA or BS in computer science?

which is better BA or BS in computer science?. I love maths, not Physics and chemistry. In BS i have to study these subjects but not in BA, Sould i choose bA.i love maths and computer science. Will i get good job opportunity if i am goo at what i do?
Personally, I have seen more job requirements state they want a BS than those that don't specify.
I've said it on here before, only one guy in my IT department has a degree in Computer Science. Another guy and myself have degrees in EE and in the past, the people I have worked with here have had degrees varying from Forensics to Paralegal. The degree pretty much is to prove that you're not a washout, and that you can handle a real world workload; they are what get your foot in the door for the interview instead of being filed into the "we'll call you if anything opens up" pile. Your portfolio is going to be what lands you a real job someplace where they are looking for ability and not just warm bodies to fill seats.
Do we really need Physics and Chem to become a good Software developer or just Maths and COmputer science would do??
Depends entirely on what field you get into.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.