• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Is it possible to convert a NON-BOOTABLE

Is it possible to convert a NON-BOOTABLE dvd into a BOOTABLE dvd?

I know this topic isn't about c++. But I would like to know whether or not if it's possible to convert a non-bootable cd into a bootable cd.

If it's possible, please tell me some programs that will do this.
Last edited on
What do you mean by non-bootable? as long as the dvd is writable, then you should be able to burn any live iso onto it and boot from that.
By non-bootable, i really mean any dvd that doesn't state that it is bootable.
well, then yeah. As long as you can write to it (as long as its not something like a movie dvd), then it is bootable. Just burn the iso.
Ok so the thing is, I've burned an ISO to a memorex dvd but for some reason, my computer will not boot from the dvd. What exactly am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure what you meant by bootable, but i think you should check the iso first, if the iso itself is bootable or not(likely, if it was an OS disk, it should be). There are programs like Nero,Alcohol 120,etc. that can check for this though.
... my computer will not boot from the dvd.

Please forgive the potentially stupid question here OP, but did you tell your PC to boot from the DVD? This is usually done by accessing the boot device menu while your PC is starting up. The specific button to do this will depend on the model of the Mobo, but common buttons are F10, F12 and Delete (NOTE: Not Backspace!).
Yes, I "told" my computer to boot from the dvd in the bios. But I have already figured it out, it turned out that the ISO file was corrupted. So i got a new ISO and it worked.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.