About Animal Hybrids

Do animal hybrids live as long as the animals that make up their physiology?
generally yes, sometimes longer. Examples of animals with the same lifespan, the zebroids, ligers, tigons, jagupards, and wolphins.
All you ever wanted to know about hybrids - and perhaps a little that you didn't:
http://www.macroevolution.net/
zebroids, ligers, tigons, jagupards, and wolphins.

Seriously???
Who forced these animals to have intercourse with one another?
Could you imagine a wolf going hard on a dolphin?
Or was the dolphin taking on the dominant role?
If they were made in a dish... why?
wtf.... lmao
Wolphins are actually a hybrid between whales and dolphins.

Intercourse probably wasn't forced. That'd be hard to do. More likely they'd just took the male's semen and injected it into the female with a turkey baster.

-Albatross

Also, who says they were forced in all cases? Beastiality is a thing with humans. Why can't there be interspecies relationships in other parts of the animal kingdom?
Albatross wrote:
Why can't there be interspecies relationships in other parts of the animal kingdom?

There are.

Google "dog pulls chicken into house" and watch the first youtube link. It's kind of horrible, but sort of funny in a twisted way.

disturbedfuel15 wrote:
Could you imagine a wolf going hard on a dolphin?
Or was the dolphin taking on the dominant role?

The latter wouldn't surprise me. Dolphins are known to be promiscuous.
I understand why you made the last statement subtle. Obviously humans have intercourse with animals. It happens every day, all over the world. It's probably happening in multiple locations right now. There certainly are interspecies "relationships," (I assume you mean intercourse by relationship). I was not saying they are always forced. I was merely perplexed at the thought of a wolf making whoopie with a dolphin. It makes more sense to me now that I know it's whale and dolphin ;) Seeing as how animals are not as intelligent as humans, I understand most of them will have intercourse with anything that is willing. Hence, why a dog will attempt to procreate with a pillow or stuffed animal. It's laughable.
Last edited on
I think it depends on whose chromosome might be more dominant. But due to genetic mutations(you know, interspecie mutation etc.), they might have more than there genetically pure relatives.
Albatross wrote:
Why can't there be interspecies relationships in other parts of the animal kingdom?

They're not as messed up as we are. Less complex brain just means there's less that can go wrong.

disturbedfuel15 wrote:
Hence, why a dog will attempt to procreate with a pillow or stuffed animal. It's laughable.

Not as laughable as an adult human doing it: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/07/26/magazine/26phenom-500.jpg
Last edited on
Hence, why a dog will attempt to procreate with a pillow or stuffed animal.

Why would anyone assume sex is purely about procreation?

There are mountains of evidence to suggest it frequently isn't.
Why would anyone assume sex is purely about procreation?

There are mountains of evidence to suggest it frequently isn't.

I prove sex isn't purely about procreation from time to time.
Actually it hasn't been about that once for me.
For the purposes of being new on a c++ programming board...it felt like the right thing to say.
I take it back.
"Hence, why a dog will have sex with a stuffed animal. It's laughable"

Must we get into the whole "Why does a dog lick his balls" theory?

...oh my
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.