I need to retain my skill in C++ !!

Hi guys, its been awhile since I have coded, I stopped learning C++ about 3 months ago (I think, I stopped mid August.), now that I am returning to coding, all the knowledge I acquired was gone, except the super basics of C++ ofcourse, and I do not even know how to use pointers and arrays now (when I was learning C++ I know this very well). Now I need to retain my skill I am planning to read another book.

now can you give me a book to atleast retain my C++ skill and at the same time help me continue learn C++ (cause I think I stopped learning C++ when I was on Linking ? the one with the '->' sign. I forgot it.. )

anyway I am looking at this book : C++ Primer 6th edition, I had read this book but stopped cause I got bored reading it because of the HUGE number of pages.

any suggestion of books ? and If ever I am gonna read the book, how long will it take me to read ?
I guess this is basically the same post as your other one?

C++ Primer is a great beginner book, but like most technical books it's not full of colorful language to really keep you engrossed. This is why you should be writing code as you read it, and applying what you read to your code. This makes reading it a lot easier, and the knowledge will actually stick.
Var->var2 is to access method or variable of an object that is being pointed to. It is identical to *(var).var2
I think the best way to keep up your skill is by helping people here.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.