• Forum
  • Lounge
  • 15 Year old Developing Windows App and l

15 Year old Developing Windows App and looking for job

Greetings,
I am 16 (-30d) year old. I am programming over 6 years. I have started with classical console application program and terms ware Loop,branches,Function,Data type etc. After few years i started to learning windows application ( Winapi ) developing. From then i have been learning native windows API. I interact with all Microsoft built in functions, libraries. Not only that i am good with Encryption. i use AES ( Advanced encryption standard ). I can develop any further application with it.
Now i have that ability i can work on any project for windows platform. i have worked with many project from beginning and i am quit succeed.
Recently i have work with an encryption program which will encrypt file with 256 bit of AES as well as Decrypt it. And few sophisticated Keylogger for security purpose, parents can log computer of their children, as well as can be use in office computers. A program like Team Viewer which will let you send your file from one computer to another and even control.
I am really Good in Socket programming. winsock library.
I am looking for job. But nowhere i can get it lack of degree. But i am really talented. i can do much more thing i future. I really love programming. Do you guys advice me anything?
Thanks
Note:
I will be 16 next month.
Last edited on
If I recall, the legal working age in the United States is 16. At least, the legal allowance for working under the age of 16 does not cover programming. So as much as people would enjoy hiring you, they cannot do so under any sort of legal pretense. They can once you turn 16, though.
Last edited on
In the US it appears to depend on the individual state - http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/nonfarm.htm I had a part time job when I was 15 but I know I had to get some sort of working papers (from the state I think).
Frankly, it tends to be far more complicated to work under 16- a good portion of states also require permission to do so, let alone other things. I think those "under 16" regulations are mostly for things like newspaper routes, not professional programming.
You won't find a steady paying programming job at 15, you won't even find one at 19. You may be able to find some contract work over at rent-a-coder or someplace; but I understand that most of those sites have various problems so it may not be worth it to you.

Other then that, from what you describe you may be able to throw together a marketable product. Why not try that? You're probably still under your parents roof so it's not like you have much to risk right?
@Computergeek01 I am gonna turn into 16 so soon, i guess one or few months.
Thanks You for you comment. I am going to be 16 so soon. Please advice me something.
closed account (13bSLyTq)
I'm only 15 and I have found work which is pretty decent, I think if you plan on working as a "professional" then you must wait, but if you plan on working as "apprentice" its a good way to start a professional career at a young age.

I have a blog as well in fact, that gives me people contacting me to get work done as well
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.