Looking for Game Developers

This is not a job, but a small group for developers who are willing to expand their knowledge for future propositions. Even if you are not planning on having a game development career in the future, but just want to do it as a personal hobby then that is fine. I do not claim to be a professional in any way, but I do have basic experience. You do not have to be a fast coder, but if you are then that is perfect.

I feel this can be a good opportunity with people who do not have experience in developing with other developers because I never done this before either.

I believe in open source and language diversity.

Requirements:
C/C++
SDL2 Libraries
Windows/Linux
Visual Studio for Windows
(or)
Compiling C++/SDL2 on Linux terminal.
Photoshop (.PNG) sprites

Send me PM if anyone is interested.

Last edited on
I'd be willing to participate, but I've not used SDL at all only SFML.
I never used SFML just Java w/ Slick2D and C/C++ w/ SDL2.
Do you have Visual Studio?
Last edited on
Yes I do. I've never used SFML with Java, I've just been using the awt library.
If SDL is quite similar to SFML it shouldn't be very hard to pick up. If worse comes to worse I can always look up the documentation.
Last edited on
SDL2 isn't hard to pick up if you've used SFML. I had to switch to SDL2 for a project in school and it only took me a week or so to be at the same level I was at with SFML.
Yea... learning SDL2 is not impossible, especially if one had experience in devising a game. Adding animation through .png templates is fun, but designing takes to much time.
I thought maybe I could share some of my work so I can show where I am standing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-HS-0jwZU
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.