Looking For A Team

Hey guys, I'm new around here, well been somewhat around coding for awhile, so if this is in the wrong spot please move it for me(A Admin) and bare with me.

Well guys let me tell you something about what I am interested in, I am currently making a private server for a MMORPG called "Endless Online". By downloading the rev off of the website it allows you to do what ever you want and make a private server.

You can basically do whatever you want to it, this includes changing the graphics (GUI), maps, quests, codes and more!

I am kind of new into this coding thing, I use to run a closed source for the server, but I got bored because I was limited to what I can add/change. I moved the server to a open source so I can edit codes, add my own codes/custom features.

I am currently learning how to code c++ from a playlist of "How to code c++" on YouTube from thenewboston. I don't get it but I do get it at the same time, I get confused.

I am looking for a coder, or coder(s) that are willing to help me make custom features in this server. I am looking to go far in this.

If you are interested in joining my team or are just willing to help a fellow out, please leave a comment where I can reach you at (Email, or skype) or if you want we can just chat on here.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, have a good day/night!
I am willing to help you out.
But if I help can you tell me what you expect the server/game to do?
Also, can you post a link to the server's address?
Last edited on
Well in this game, you can walk around fight npc's, do quests, pvp (Player vs. Player), meet other people, and tons more. In this server there are players and admins. Admins as in that help the players, ban people if needed, and more that admins can do. As for players, they can walk around and actually play the game.

I'll need a few admins commands, a few player commands, hoping to have a lot of events for players (Server events). My server is not up not until I think it's ready to be released, I don't want to get a bad name because nothing was added when I released.

If you have skype inbox me your name and I will add you and go back and fourth on there, it would be much easier as I can show you some screen shots, some of the code and whatnot.
Camouflage wrote:
I am currently learning how to code c++ from a playlist of "How to code c++" on YouTube from thenewboston. I don't get it but I do get it at the same time, I get confused.
While I have nothing personal against this man, I must say that his C++ tutorials are not the best.
What would you say the best place to learn is?
This site has great tutorials.
From starting from scratch?
This site has great tutorials.

True indeed. I even had my first ones here. But it would also be worth to have a book or something just to have another reference. If you want to then get up the ladder and build a gui, you can try external libraries like winAPI, SDL,wxwidget, SFML, etc.. depending on how you want to implement your projects. :)
From starting from scratch?
Yes.
Would any of you help me make codes?
Sure. I mean, just post(well probably not in this topic) your codes/questions and we'll see what we can do to help you build up your codes. But dont expect that we'll be making the 'whole' code, because that would make you less than or worst ,not a programmer. People here despise it, as what I have observed. :)
You can also join us on our IRC channel at #cplusplus.com on irc.freenode.net. A good deal of regulars hang out there.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.