lazy article

Pages: 1... 131415
also when I test my php files firefox asks me if I want to save or open as I am confused here is my HTML link to it:

<a href="http://localhost/php/index.php">php test</a>

Where did I go wrong ?
Last edited on
They have to be parsed. Servers parse them automagically; I don't know how you can get them to be parsed when you try to open them though.
T.T
Erm...I don't think you're going to get much luck posting a localhost link...
Actualy no I posted it to show, for other people to see (how dare you mentally correct my redundancy) in case I had a syntax error.

Also I tried again and everything is parsing fine
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Isn't it a shocker that Linux cares about security? Strange that that security doesn't cost $250 and is even better. That's why I get irritated when people ask me what anti-virus they should BUY. There is no reason why you should spend $250 bucks and damn crappy piece of software and turn around and buy an anti-virus for another $50. Even then there's still a chance you might get viruses.

@ DrChill: This is easy. You need to setup an apache server, forward the needed ports, and open it to the public. You need PHP on your apache server to simply allow PHP files to be handled since PHP is handled on the server-side. Javascript, pure HTML, etc. do not need an installation because it is parsed and displayed on the client-side's browser. PHP is relatively secure and usually used for things like password and username handling, file fetching, or account creation.

PHP is usually setup on a free webserver as well. I personally use: http://www.backycorp.com/
They've been good to me.

FYI, I suggest you don't EVER get a payed host unless you buy your own server. Payed hosts are simply complete crap. I'm still dealing with one I bought over 2 years ago saying I didn't cancel my account and since my credit card was canceled and renewed, the card they have is no longer available.
Last edited on
Byethost is supposed to be excellent though.

They do free and paid hosting. However; if you have the money and you really want this; I would suggest you buy your own rack of servers. It'll be extremeley expensive, though. I guess you could rent them out to people...

http://byethost.com/
Thank you for the suggestions, since we have holidays here (Thanksgiving, which you may or may not know of(I sure don't know what boxing day is)) anyway .... Iwas wondering how to figure out what my Audio card is? normally I only do software stuff.
I do know what Thanksgiving is :) and boxing day is the day after Christmas in England. To be fair, I don't even know what it is further than that.

Iwas wondering how to figure out what my Audio card is? normally I only do software stuff.

No idea. Try some kind of a system profiler... also, the BIOS may or may not store that information; there might be a BIOS function for it.
Thanksgiving's day is when Americans come together to celebrate our heritage. Thanksgiving's day is celebrated because long ago when we were not at war with Britain the pilgrims had a hard winter so they gave thanks to God for surviving the winter, known for turkey and pumpkin pie. The Fourth of July however is celebrating freedom from the redcoats, and is known for fireworks.
Cool. You guys also do halloween properly. We don't... most people here don't seem to care about it. Sucks really.

As this has become a very off-topic topic; anyone want to help me mess around with data compression? I've never thought about it before; but I have a feeling it is fun.
Last edited on
chrisname wrote:
anyone want to help me mess around with data compression

I made a Huffman compressor once, I can help if you need any (which I doubt:P)
Look for a plain English description of the LZSS algorithm. It's really easy to implement and gives ~50% compression ratio for plain text.
Probably not the best method, but I implemented the sequence matching part as an array of 256 vectors that keep track of the offsets of byte values. The entire structure takes 4-8 times as much memory as the source buffer, but hey, compression is always expensive.
I've heard about the "Wavelet" algorithm for images and such; I was reading earlier, and some site suggested it for image and audio data.

I could use this "LZSS" algorithm for text files and the "Wavelet" algorithm for binary files...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1... 131415