History

How will the future generations remember us ?
That is an extraordinarily broad question with no single or concise answer.
give it a try
closed account (z05DSL3A)
How will the future generations remember us ?

Paranoid warmongers...in general.
Paranoid warmongers...in general.

I stand corrected.
But do you think they wont be paranoid warmongers? Humans love murdering other humans and taking their possessions.
I think they will think of us as primitive unless it is so far in the future they use up all resources and become primitive again though by then they will probably find a way to artificially create them. How far in the future are you talking about for "history" since it could be yesterday or 10 million years ago. If by future you mean tomorrow I will probably think the same I think today unless something drastic happens.
It very much depends on who is doing the remembering and what's in store for the future.

Maybe we will be remembered as wasteful, greedy, selfish, pigs who crapped all over the place and left it for our grandchildren to try and clean up. Maybe we are remembered as the shallow generation; The birth and rise of incredibly soulless and stupefied music and television; the pioneers into a world of incredible zombification; surveillance society/end to personal privacy.

I guess there are some good things we could be remembered for. For example, advancing human rights and equality.

I doubt that our war escapades will be memorable alongside the classics.
Last edited on
I'm sure we will be remembered for some positive things. For example, as the last few generations saw huge leaps in aeronautic and electrical engineering fields (i. e. the space race) Our generation has seen huge leaps in computational sciences, whether they be geared for recreation, industry or research. I'm sure the leaps we made in computing today will be felt in future generations, such as the scientific advances from the age of the space race are still being felt.

That being said, our generation is, in general being driven by self-centered desires and as such, even though we are making leaps and bounds in certain areas, these advances are being made primarily for capitalistic venture instead of being made for the benefit of society, or even national competition as in the space race example. I believe this self-centered perspective of the early 21st century, which can be blamed for things like the increasing wealth gap and deteriorating state of out environment, will ultimately be our staple on human society for generations to come, and we can only hope that our race's future generations are wise, and non-self centered enough to see our mistakes and move past them.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.