Fox News...

Pages: 12
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Steven Emerson On Fox News - Birmingham is all Muslim (Full clip)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zF7nbEvwY#t

Emerson has given evidence to at least one congressional committee, and reportedly been called as an expert witness on terrorism-related issues by at least six others.

Does the USofA actually believe this crap?
Citizens of US(at least most of them do) believes media, always.

What media does is called perception management
Last edited on
Fox News is a completely legitimate source of information with virtually zero bias and free of anything misleading. I watch it for at least an hour a day as my only source of information, I have no need for any other point of view given the reputation of the station.

Kidding! Kidding! Please don't hate me
Haha. For a second, i thought you were serious.

I believe Fox also said something about an Islamic no-go zone in Belgium or something else just as stupid.

I still cannot understand how anyone believes their drivel, and I live here.
Citizens of US(at least most of them do) believes media, always.

I think most people in the US don't watch the 24 hour news channels. Of those who do, they are probably split into fairly equal groups of people who hate FOX news and love MSNBC ( they are polar opposites ), people whole love MSNBC and hate FOX news, and people who prefer CNN ( the supposed moderate source ).

Of course the distributions depend a lot on state and county. The US is a very large and very diverse country.
Last edited on
There was a study that found their average viewer was in their late 60s to early 70s.

In short, no. Most americans don't believe the shit they peddle.

Incidentally, apparently we had laws against propaganda since the 1940s which were repealed in 2013. Frankly I had no idea because I have never lived in a world without Fox News, and my entire waking life has been after they affirmed the constitutional right to outright LIE in a news broadcast with no disclaimer during a Supreme Court case.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Fox news is one thing but the Steven Emerson, the 'expert', is the bigger worry.

I hope for everyones sake the powers that be have better experts than this.
Fox's powers that be don't want them. Their news syndication is hinged on misinformation and fear mongering. But there are better sources out there and soon Fox's average viewership will be six feet under.

It's extremely macabre and terrible to think about. But there are a lot of reasons why the USA might be a better place when the older half of the Baby boomers are gone.
I thought pretty much anyone in the USA who actually cares about reasonably accurate information just disregards Fox news completely.
If I want news I watch BBC

If I want glorified news I watch CNN

If I want lies I watch fox news.
Last edited on
I've notice that a 24 hour news network can run a story nearly 24-7 for weeks and even if you're glued to it like a zombie the whole time, in the end you will probably realize you have hardly got a clue what's really going on.

Ironically, you can learn more information in 5 minutes from a Wikipedia article.
Last edited on
http://i.imgur.com/yAEhilk.jpg

The real story : |

Obama agency rules Pepsi's use of aborted fetal cells in soft drinks constitutes 'ordinary business operations'

http://www.naturalnews.com/035276_Pepsi_fetal_cells_business_operations.html
Last edited on
Don't forget fake news sites that write articles for comedy's sake.
htirwin wrote:
Ironically, you can learn more information in 5 minutes from a Wikipedia article.

And everyone who blindly trusts news agencies like Fox will say "Haha, but Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, you idiot."
Great to see there are lots of smart people. :)

Smart people, smart people everywhere.
And everyone who blindly trusts news agencies like Fox will say "Haha, but Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, you idiot."

I'm sure you've probably seen it already, but a study found that Wikipedia as a whole is only slightly less accurate than the most up to date Encyclopedia Britannica.
@ Ceset:
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, crazy animals and you know it. - Agent K.
Did you know that 50% of people are below average intelligence?
Pages: 12