Point of Not Going to Work

Today, I am running a 100.2F fever with a cough. I decided because of the cough especially, I shouldn't go to work today. However, I know this doesn't stop everyone. At what point do you call into work?

Waiting for Nyquil to kick in ;)
My philosophy: If you have sick days, use them. That's what they're for. Your health is more important than your job.

Only time I'd consider going to work sick is if I'm near a critical deadline and missing a day would really hose the situation.
Even though I'm lucky enough to be able to do the majority of my job from home, including just about all of the day to day tasks, I usually won't stay home sick. I'll only stay home when the specific infliction has me in such a bad mood that I would become temperamental with my coworkers. My office is stuffed in the back of the floor in what should probably be classified as a walk in closet so there is little chance of me actually infecting anyone else. But if I'm just going to be an ass to everyone all day then I figure that I should just stay home.

My reaction isn't normal though, and the reason for it is my late Great Grandmother who lived next door to us when I was growing up and made sure that we were on time for the bus everyday. When she was growing up she went to two schools a day, one regular one and some Japanese etiquette school that I guess they make girls go to. Then she worked on a farm in Hawaii when she got home. So if you were well enough to respond to\argue with her, you were well enough to go to school. Sorry about the rant, she passed last November and your post brought back some memories.
If you're infectious, stay at home. No point in needlessly getting others sick so they can bring it home to their families. If not infectious, stay at home if you can. I'm with Disch on this one.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.