Microsoft HoloLens

Microsoft announced something that seems to be straight out of the sci-fi movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThCr0PsyuA

Browsing the web resulted with information that this is not a fake. What to you think guys?
I'd think that it'll be possible one day
After their conference yesterday I'm hyped about microsoft for the first time since they announced the 360.
My first question is probably the most obvious one: How much does it weigh? I'll never understand the obsession these companies have with putting all of the hardware on your head. Would it really be that bad to run a wire from your belt up the back of your shirt? Or hell go wireless, I doubt attenuation would be an issue at that range so EHF should give an adequate throughput without the need for too much error correction.

I love the idea of augmented reality though. As fugly as it is, I want one.
I have the same problem with augmented reality as I do with touch screens - the user-input system is difficult to perfect and despite things seeming intuitive, everyone's intuition works differently. I would only use AR in conjunction with a traditional keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

In terms of playing video games though, a controller is just fine. Just please, for the love of god, don't add any sort of motion gestures as a required game mechanic.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.