Basics of touch typing

The first thing you can do to become adept at typing quickly and accurately is to memorize your keyboard. The second is to use the right fingering - for example, you must use your left pinky finger to hit the "A" and "Q" keys and you must use your right pinky to hit the "P" key. The third is to improve your hand-eye coordination in order to have an easier time hitting the keys - it helps to touch a mark on a wall or desk with all of your fingers.
Thanks for the tips todd. However, I don't type like that and last checked can type between 90 and a 110 words per minute. My left hand rests with the pinkie hovering over modifier keys, and ring finger to index hovering A, S, and F respectively. Right hand, from index to ring, hovers over J, inbetween I and O, and over P. With my pinkie raised over the backspace.
For me, I prefer the "Home row" keys, but only for my left hand. For my right, I only use three fingers- the thumb, the index, and the middle... well, the ring finger is used to hit enter and backspace, but otherwise does nothing. Pinkie of right hand does nothing, and the thumb hitting space depends on whether it is between words or sentences. Right thumb for word, left thumb for punctuation. As for which fingering that I use for whichever key, it really depends on the preceding key. For the right hand, mostly. Left hand is still standard "Home row" stuff.
Looking at the OP's bio, it's obvious that these are marketing posts.
Didn't check his profile. Well, I sincerely hope his business does well. Because this post contained the kind of information that is give in the first half hour of the first day of an introductory highschool keyboarding class and he's probably not going to find a very large market of people incapable of typing quickly on a programmer's forum.
Ispil wrote:
As for which fingering that I use for whichever key, it really depends on the preceding key.

Very much the same for me. My resting position in no way denotes what fingers press which key at all times. Honestly, on my right hand I almost exclusively use pointer and middle finger.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.