• Forum
  • Lounge
  • "content" disappeared when I clicked Sub

"content" disappeared when I clicked Submit

After I laboriously prepared a submission to the Beginners forum it all seems to have disappeared. When I clicked Submit I got the message

There were errors while processing your submission. Please correct them and submit again.
Field "content" required.

The only hint that something was wrong was that when I clicked Preview I got the tiniest possible representation of what I'd written. It looked like a fuzzy dash representing my text above two solid marks representing my code.

I'm using Safari on Mac OS X 10.9.5. I hesitate to try again for fear I'll get the same result.

Actually another hint may be that clicking the Format icons only made the highlighting go away without any other effect.

And when I Preview this I get a blank page.
closed account (D80DSL3A)
Yep. That happens sometimes, and it's a drag.
My defense is ctrl+a, ctrl+c before hitting preview or submit.
Thanks, took your advice and pasted when it happened again. It liked the pasted version.

I guess the most telling indicator is when the "Length" field is an unrealistically low number, and doesn't increment when you type. It was so low I thought it was lines instead of characters.
fun2code + 1

I've had it happen to me often enough that I always Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C before clicking Submit.
closed account (D80DSL3A)
@Duoas: I hear you. Sometimes I'll even ctrl+v into notepad, just to be sure.
Plus, once it's in notepad editing/re working the post can be more convenient.

On another note:
I enjoyed a great round of "whack-a-mole" on spam threads about 3 this morning.
They were coming in fast. I got about 8 in 2 minutes!
Last edited on
LOL!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.