• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Lines that make you instantly hate a cha

Lines that make you instantly hate a character

This is pretty random.

In Season 3 ep 1 of the new Dr. Who (the first episode with Martha Jones), Martha's sister Tish is talking on the phone, and they're sort of introducing her and her family. Tish is rambling about their parents how they're spending a bunch of money and Martha is all like "so what, let them do what they want" and Tish says this, horrible, horrible line:

"I wish you'd take this more seriously. That's our inheritance they're spending."

I instantly hated her. Screw you for saying such a thing. You are scum.

She didn't have many redeeming moments throughout the show either. I'm just glad she was a minor character and never really the focus of the show.
I agree. I have relatives who are becoming the some of the worst examples of this kind of sickness. That line is nothing compared to their behavior.

Any line said by any character played by Wanda Sykes. She really plays up the sarcastic black woman angle and it seems that's all she can do. I can't stand those really stereotypical characters, except when it's done satirically, which in her case AFAICT it never is. There's no subtlety to it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.