• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Tool or any application to creating a ba

Tool or any application to creating a basic software in C++?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to C++ programming and I have learned a few basic things about it and I look forward to continue coding.Though, i have a small question,looked throughout google but didn't find an appropriate answer.
I would like to design a software in which I could implement my codes in it?Like you click on the main.exe or an icon, runs the program, window appears, gives information?Or simply, make a program that asks the user to input information?But I don't want the information to be outputted in the Command Prompt console, I'd prefer to create a specific icon for it?
Any help will be appreciated.
Please, i have been in other forums and I know there'll be nasty replies, I hope it is not going to be here, atleast...
PS:I don't know if it's the correct section either, if it isn't move it to the right section?
Thanks.
A specific icon for it? Like on the notification bar? The only thing I can recall atm is visual basic, but that isn't c++ and it's windows specific I think.
Try qt.
> The only thing I can recall atm is visual basic
what would vb have to do with this?

as fabtasticwill said, there is qt. you might also look at sfml and sdl. since you are on windows it might also be worthwhile to checkout the winapi
What you're describing is a GUI(Graphical User Interface) application. What you need is a GUI library. A google search of "c++ gui programming" returns a lot of relevant results. I'm only familiar with win32/winapi but it's probably recommended to use a cross platform library like qt instead.
Thank you for all the positive and relevant answers.I'll try them out and let you know as soon as possible.
>what would vb have to do with this?

>>>But I don't want the information to be outputted in the Command Prompt console, I'd prefer to create a specific icon for it?

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/903898

I was thinking of this for some reason nick, I was very tired.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.