• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Best test to give to a used gpu before p

Best test to give to a used gpu before purchase

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a used GPU and I'm wondering what is the best test I could ask the guy to do to the card before I buy it to see if it's worth it and will not fail the day after?

Like any sort of benchmark, computing tests... which is the best?
Theres lots of benchmarking softwares. Fraps and Catzilla comes to mind. You can look up the GPU here - https://www.cpubenchmark.net/ See if it looks good. If you're asking for the actual quality of the GPU then all the info is online, if you're asking how to test that this specific one is not shit since its used, what Ive mentioned so far, can also try to enter a game that takes alot of GPU, makes Crisis.
No way to know how much time an used gpu will last you.
Never had a burnt GPU, and I started changing them every 2 years (bought em new tho).
So as long as it's behind two years it should work (unless it was highly overclocked: avoid users who overclock their cards since they shorten their card's lifespan a lot!).
Imo a gfx card should last... uh... three to four years at the very least?
(Btw I just got a new AMD R7 240. If you're familiar with the old numbering, it's on par with the HD6670. Costed me around 60€, which is 75$. you can probably find it cheaper ones on ebay (yes, brand new ones) so try watching multiple websites - ebay the cheapest in EU IMO)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.