Can anyone identify old TV program?

I've been trying to figure this out for ages with Google, but I still can't get anywhere.

I only remember bits from when I was very young, maybe mid-eighties. V was also very popular at the time, but I don't think the show was V. It is possible the show was older.

There was a large black ship buried/crashed underground with lighted circular windows behind which were tubes, each holding a dead alien. It took the humans a while to figure out how to get to them. The alien bodies were not humanoid, but were fantastical (and reminded me of goat-sized insects).

The presence of the aliens also had a psychological effect on nearby humans. I remember a scene where someone was trying to walk near a fence and everything became wavy and he fell down holding his head and crying out.

Does anyone know what this program was?
Was it a multi-episode show, or a movie?

Try this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_extraterrestrials
Is it possible that you maybe got the decade wrong? Do you know what style the cinematography was in? I can't get Farscape or maybe Lexx out of my head, but they don't fit the timeline (and then there is the twisted part of my mind that wants to say Fraggle Rock). Are there any actors the you can place anywhere else?

Was this an actual TV show series or a made of TV movie? I don't see a plot line like the one you are describing yielding more then an episode or so of material.

I saw this post about an hour ago by the way. I started the search and slipped into IMDB. Now my Netflix queue is filled with shows that I'll never have time to watch, so thanks for that :P.
could it be an episode of the x-files?
I believe it was a TV series, but it could possibly have been a movie. IIRC my dad watched it fairly regularly. Definitely _viewed_ somewhere around 1985-1990. I can't even remember if it was in color or not.

Trying to break into the ship, and keep it secret, was a recurring theme. The man being psychically attacked at the fence in the country was, of course, a specific episode.

I'm sorry I can't provide better details except maybe to draw a few pictures.

X-Files, Farscape, etc, were all made in the '90s.

And +1 for Fraggle Rock. Except that we humans were the aliens in outer space. :O)
Is it Tommyknockers? That was about a buried alien ship telepathically using the townspeople to dig up their ship. That was 1993 though, and a TV miniseries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tommyknockers_%28miniseries%29
Wow! It was Quartermass!

IOU something awesome, pnoid!
Quartermass? Hmm never heard of it :/
startrek is amazing
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.