Creating A Lua Injector

Hi everyone
I'm still learning C++ and i was wondering whats next after the basics.(What sort of projects)

I have decided after im done with the basics i want to start on a game injector which could potentially inject lua scrips into a game or a application.

How would i go about doing this ?
For example what kind of libaries would i use ?

Also please don't think im trying something illegal as i will be using it on applications where i have permission.
Thank you for any replies or advice
Bump please help
You can't 'inject lua scripts' unless the application actually uses lua scripts in the first place. You are asking to give cancer to plants.
That's what I mean I want to inject lua into a game which already uses it I know a couple.
My only question is how would I get about doing this?
Like the type of libraries I have to use ?
It depends entirely on each specific case. In some cases you need not write any code. In other cases it may still be impossible or increasingly difficult.
http://www.popsci.com/article/science/ask-anything-do-plants-get-cancer

That is all xD

edit: popsci = most legit source
Last edited on
That's what I mean I want to inject lua into a game which already uses it I know a couple.

Err... if the game already uses Lua, then there's nothing to inject. Just write some scripts for it.
@Disch it's kinda hard to explain
The game uses lua as scripting it's a game where others can make there games for others to play
I want to make a lua injector to inject lua code of my own to a players game such as admin commands

I seen it done before and was lucky enough to look at its source code a it looked like it had to search for its process and hook it up
If the player's games are written in Lua, can't you just modify the Lua? I mean it's stored as plain text, right?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.