Your PC config

Hi guys,
I'm just writing this post, wondering what type of PC config you use. Whether you have a beast or just a simple laptop, I'm still curious.

My PC config :

Processor
AMD FX-8350 8 cores clocked at 4 Ghz (Black Edition)
I took that processor since I was on a budget and since it still gives a good bang for the buck.

Graphics card
Sapphire Radeon R7 260X
It's not the best card ever but it handles pretty well all the games I throw at it.

Motherboard
Asus M5-A99FX pro R2.0
I don't really know what to say except that it's perfect for my needs.

RAM
8GB of Crucial Ballistix
It's RAM... XD

Case
Antec One
It's a good case for my needs, the only regrets that I have are that it doesn't have a basement and a window even if I don't need those features.

HDD
1TB of WD Caviar black

SSD
Crucial MX100 256GB
It's the drive that handles windows along with all my important softwares.

Power supply
Corsair 430W builders edition

Tell me what you think and tell me what config you have I really like anything hardware realated so don't hesitate.
We actually have pretty similar builds.

AMD FX-8350 4GHz (Aftermarket cooler, CoolerMaster Hyper EVO 212)
EVGA GTX 760 4GB
G.SKILL RipJaw X 2x4GB RAM
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
Rosewill-HIVE 750 PSU
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Three monitors (2x24", 1x22")
Windows 7
Ubuntu 14.04

I have a pretty middle-of-the-line build. Suits my needs well. Plays any game I've thrown at it at max or high settings. Obviously handles any programming tasks.

I don't have any pictures of the computer, but here's my setup: http://goo.gl/fg7TnS
Cables are a mess, someday I'll deal with that...
Last edited on
Shared this before, but here is the computer I built a few years back. Thinking about diving into my technology savings account to build a new one soon.

CPU - Intel i7 3770k
RAM - 32GB (4x 8GB sticks) 1866
GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 680 2GB
PSU - Corsair AX1200 1200w // I know overkill but got it for free actually
MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77
SSD - OCZ Agility 128GB
HHD - Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
CPU Watercooler - Corsair H60
OS - Win8.1 / Linux Mint

Here is some pictures also of the setup http://imgur.com/a/9Zekw#0 P.S. Since the time of these pictures I have finally fixed the wiring to actually use the case ;p
Last edited on
This is my computer:

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 mATX
Memory: Corsair 4GB (1x4GB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE
Processor: AMD A4 5300 3,4 Ghz FM2
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7480D (integrated, stealing 1 GB of my RAM)
Storage: Samsung SpinPoint T166 320GB SATA2
Case: AOpen QF 50C - Miditower - ATX
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Case fan: Fractal Design 120mm Silent Series R2
Power supply: FSP 400-60APN Bulk 400W 80+ Bronze
Mouse: Tt eSPORTS Black - Gaming Mouse
Keyboard: Logitech Internet Pro Keyboard (white)
Speakers: Logitech S2-50 speakers
Monitor: Samtron 98PDF CRT monitor 19"

From the outside it looks almost exactly the same as 10 years ago but all internal parts have been replaced.
Last edited on
ResidentBiscuit :
Nice build ! Your right, we do have similar builds. I also have the CM Hyper 212 evo, stock coolers just don't work out for AMD. Your graphics card is a little better than mine. It's the only part I might upgrade in the futur.
You said you had windows and ubuntu, did you put your pc in dual boot ? I was kind of thinking about doing the same, how does it work ?

Zereo :
Seems like a good build. Why do you have 32Gb of ram ? isn't it a little overkill ?
I was also wondering, what where the specs of the laptop sitting next to you ?
I have a dell latitude running a I7-2640M @2.4Ghz along with 32Gb of ram. I know it's overkill but it's my dads old laptop so I'm not the one that upgraded the RAM that high.

Peter87 :
How does it run ? I assume you don't game or you just game a little. Do you lag a little sometimes ? I use to have a pc that had about the same specs as yours and it was just horrible.
@mindoo,
Yeah I have dual-boot set up. My BIOS made it kind of difficult, but it ended up just being one flag needed changed. But since then it's worked great. I recommend doing it. If you need any help, just PM me or find me on our IRC channel.
@ResidentBiscuit
Ok. I'll try that when I get a chance.
What do you use linux for ?
Zereo :
Seems like a good build. Why do you have 32Gb of ram ? isn't it a little overkill ?
I was also wondering, what where the specs of the laptop sitting next to you ?
I have a dell latitude running a I7-2640M @2.4Ghz along with 32Gb of ram. I know it's overkill but it's my dads old laptop so I'm not the one that upgraded the RAM that high.

Yeah really like the build, runs anything without any trouble and hasn't had any hiccups so far. Also yeah I probably went overkill on the RAM, was the first high end computer I built and have always wanted to build one since I was little and finally was lucky enough financially to do it. So figured why not go all out.

Though right now I am still happy I got that much, allows me to run quite a few heavy programs at the same time (Like Maya/3ds Max, Unreal Engine/Unity, testing version of the game, etc) and still have enough RAM to keep all my browser tabs open and other programs.

As for the laptop it is a Lenovo X1`Carbon which I use for on the go stuff (Got it mainly because of how light it is). Definitely isn't a powerhouse laptop and definitely not meant for gaming (Can run most fine on medium but has some cooling issues because of the thin design).

CPU -  Intel® Core™ i7-5600U
GPU - Intel® HD Graphics 5500
RAM - 8GB DDR3L-12800 1600 MHz
WEIGHT - 2.877 lbs 
OS - Win8.1 / Mint
Last edited on
What do you use linux for ?

Most of my development I do on Ubuntu. I spend most of my time over there, I get on Windows if I wanna play a game other than Dota 2.
How does it run ? I assume you don't game or you just game a little. Do you lag a little sometimes ? I use to have a pc that had about the same specs as yours and it was just horrible.

No, I don't play much games nowadays. Mostly simple games like GNOME Mines, and occasionally old games using DOSBox or ScummVM. I'm using Debian 6.0.10, and I don't have any performance problems at all.
Last edited on
Mother Board
Asuz p67 sabertooth

cpu
i5 2500k

cpu cooler
Noctua NH-D14

ram
16 (2x8) gig crucial ballistic

GPU
MSI GTX970

Power Supply
Corsair RM650

HDD
1TB WD ( windows 7 )

SSD
Crucial MX100 256GB ( ubuntu 14.04 )

Case
Corsair Graphite 600T
Last edited on
Processor:
Intel® Core™ i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4

Ram:
8gb

Windows 8.1/Ubuntu

https://dl.pushbulletusercontent.com/t2KYNHD8u4oskmsKv9UchiO4ms4Lic8n/IMG_20150419_173933.jpg
I've got a pretty old but functional setup:
CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.8
RAM: 4gb
Graphics: AMD R7 240 (bought recently, had a 5450)
Screen: VGA, 1600x900
HDD: 500gb (200gb free)
Supply: 600w (uses abt. 450w tho... what a waste)

If I were to upgrade my pc, I'd do it in the following order:
CPU (quad core)
RAM (+4gb)
Screen (HDMI)
Graphics (TBD)
HDD (Secondary HDD for games)
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
GPU: AMD R7 250X 1GB GDDR5
RAM: TeamElite 8GB DDR3@1600MHz
PSU: Rosewill 500w
HDD: 1TB & 500GB

It's a super budget build from a couple years ago. This thing literally gets hot enough to heat my room after a couple hours of gaming though :/
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Xeon E5620 @ 2.40GHz
Westmere-EP 32nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0CRH6C (CPU1)
Graphics
SAMTRON (1280x1024@60Hz)
SyncMaster (1280x1024@60Hz)
ATI FirePro V3750 (FireGL) (ATI)
Hard Drives
298GB ARRAY (RAID)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H353C
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N
Audio