Quickly Back-up Computer?

closed account (2LzbRXSz)
Today of all days my external hard drive picks to fail on me. I need to back up my entire laptop before I get it fixed today, but have no idea how to go about it at this point.

My external hard drive is an iomega (not too sure the exact name/model but it looks like this http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/05/5-29-08-iomega-ego-drive.jpg ) it's sort of old, but never had a problem. It's turning on just fine, but not showing up at all on my computer (I'm on a Macbook Pro)! It's not even showing up in disk utility. I've done all sorts of trouble shooting and Googling but at this point it looks like I might need an alternative to backing up my computer.

Does anyone know of any good ways to back up your computer quickly? (Or how to fix this iomega hard drive?)
You could put all your important documents on cloud storage. Not really "fast" but you should be able to save it all between the various cloud storage providers.
closed account (2LzbRXSz)
Thank you, that's exactly what I did a few hours ago:)

I was able to cut down to my most important files, compress them and upload them to Google Drive. It took a long time (my brother decided to buy GTA5 and download it at the same exact time, which just made things take 5 more years) but it worked.

As for an update on my hard drive, I tested it out on another Apple, and on an ancient Windows - I suspect it's the wire that's broken, because it boots up just fine. The problem comes in at connecting it on the external hard drive to a computer.

I had tested it out on a Windows to make sure it wasn't stuck in a Windows format - which, would still be recognized on Disk Utility as an external drive, just in the wrong format.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.