Real time mountian tracing

Hello, I have a somewhat elaborate question that none in my friend circle seems to have an answer to. I am working on a project in my mathematics class. To keep it short we did some math on traces and mountains. However part of the project is to use computer code with the math. I had seen at a science fair a kid was able to build a sandbox with an Xbox kinect and projector to make a real time image of the sandbox. (Ex: If you made a mountain it would show an arbitrary topography). He gave me the code sources he used (guess he just pieced it together from a bunch of other code) but all his sources are for a mac and I have a pc. His sources are Xcode,Xquartz,, Vrui, Kinect, SARndbox. I am wondering if anyone has an idea of where to get code/programs that will take input from a kinect that is looking at say a table with cups on it and project that onto a screen in its topography. Please note I do not have to write any code, we simply have to do the math (which is done already) and validate it with computer code.

How complex was the source he gave you? Refactoring the Mac specific parts to work on Windows shouldn't be that bad. No one is going to write this for you though, so unless you find a full solution online or something you're going to have to write something.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.