cplusplus.com needs a clock!

I have been thinking about this for a while but posting this now since I just experienced the problem.

In this website, in each posts and replies, the time of the same is also shown at the top right in each post(eg: May 24, 2015 at 1:43am above) but that doesn't serve very well! The reason is that the time shown is very different from my country's time and most probably, from that of most user's country. The probable problem that might occur, which just happened to me btw, is we wouldn't know when was the reply posted if we log back in after some time. This might be important because, if the reply indeed was recently posted and we ask further questions about the replier's advice, we could rely on immediate response most of the time assuming he is still online. otherwise, we might look for other way knowing that the reply isn't going to come back anytime soon.

if the website has a clock of its own, we could take it as reference and find out how much time has passed since the replier posted the reply. or another way could be like instead of posting the time, the time that has passed could be posted as facebook does but that would need to be continuously updated and might make website slower.

this issue might be trivial for a programming forum but still this would be helpful feature.
(or is there already another way that you guys use to find out this information and only i am unaware of it. if yes, do enlighten me. and sorry for babbling around the topic. i wrote whatever came to my mind)
Last edited on
The site uses JavaScript to display the time in your local time zone. As long as I have JavaScript enabled, which is necessary to be able to post in this forum, I have not noticed any problems with the time.
Last edited on
i never noticed that my computer's time zone was set to some place other than mine. time posted in posts acts in my desired way now.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.