Rest in peace Maxim Shemanarev

I recently discovered his outstanding work:

http://www.antigrain.com/

For some reason he abandoned it 2007. I mailed him recently because I had some questions and the minor hope to revive the project. It turned out that he passed away about 2 years ago.

So what to do with this? It's only a matter of time when his site is down finally.

In order to integrate his library into my project I need some changes. Should I adapt his work until nothing is left?

What about the license, he changed shortly before he ended his development?
Wow!

You should find out who has authority over his estate, and ask them if you can do something with it.

Ideally, you should maintain it, or keep it up with a mirror or something until someone else comes along who wants to finish it up.

Why do you need to change it?
(How is your project inflexible enough to use it?)
Skimming through the code, it looks nice and clean for the most part, thanks for sharing I might be able to learn from it.
@Duoas
You should find out who has authority over his estate, and ask them if you can do something with it.
How can I do that?

Why do you need to change it?
Well, the library has some small issues:

- typo int agg_font_cache_manager.h: perv_glyph() instead of prev_glyph()
- Under Windows it has some compiler errors when compiled with UNICODE
- The 'font_engine_win32_tt_base' has some issues (like the compiler error above)

For some reason he decided to set the origin of the coordinate system to the lower left. For computer graphic quite unusual and inconvenient. You can change it to the upper left but then it's all upside down. When you use the 'Rasterizer' directly the origin is always upper left (which appears to me rather inconsequent).

I'd like to see it part of boost (where a geometry library already exists). Do you think that is possible?

@Ganado
Yes it is clean, but has so many small parts that it is somehow intimidating to use it.
So I did some reseach about what happend with Maxim.

The reason why he disappeared 2007 was that he was literally seduced by the dark side of progrmming: July 2007 he joind a new company that hired him because of his anti grain geometry.

Before that he was all vivid and enthusiastic. There are a loads of post regarding anti grain geometry all over the internet. See:

http://10.graphics-agg.graphictalk.info/

After 7/11 2007: silence.

He was dead serious about not saying a word according that subject.
He was dead 6 years later.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.