Upgrading to Win10

Hi all

I believe in a few weeks we will have Windows 10 out and i was thinking whether i should upgrade or not.

Now there are some new things in Win 10, but my main reasons are.
* Win7 user right now, and i hate aero. You can disable it, but things will get weird.
* Upgrades slow down Win 7, and i have to use Win 7.1 at least for a spesific program.
* DirectX 12 exclusive to Win 10, no older OS support

But i also have some concerns
* Can i remove cortana if possible or disable it at least
* Will Windows 10 more aggressively want my personal infos, just like 8.1 vs 8

I am not sure if i should upgrade or not. I would like to hear your opinions on Win 10, and why or why not to upgrade.
Last edited on
You can disable Cortana from what I've read, as well as disable much of the personal information collecting.

...wait. Microsoft was fined severely for bundling in Internet Explorer into their OS; how is bundling in their search engine any different?
D3D12 and Visual Studio 2015. Some features are only available in newer iterations of Windows (ie: Visual Studio's improved graphics debugger) :p

Also, it runs pretty fast and opens up many platforms to target as an indie software developer. I don't think the adoption rate is going to be as slow as 8.1 due to the free upgrades.
Last edited on
You can always go back to Windows 7 again without losing anything.
You are right windows 7 is best for all of time.I will suggest to use Winnows 7 again and please avoid window 10.Its now good.
@LB, how? After upgrade i can still go back to Win7?

@Ispil By disabling Cortana, you are not talking about removing it from taskbar, do you?
Last edited on
No; stripping her out of normal desktop search.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Ceset wrote:
how? After upgrade i can still go back to Win7?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/you-have-a-month-to-downgrade-to-windows-8-1-if-windows-10-isn-t-right-for-you-1299430

Edit:
...but I would still make a disc image/bare metal backup before starting the upgrade in the first place.
Last edited on
Thanks a lot @Grey Wolf
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.