Is it a good build?

Here is the PC I've decided to build and I want opinons on whether it is a good rig, that is, whether it can play games like battlefield, gta, etc at high/ultra settings ~1080p:
(Ps - The prices listed may be higher than ones on amazon etc cause I've sourced them from a local dealer)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti - $175
Kingston (HyperFury) 1x8GB - $45
Asus LGA 1150 H81MK - $60
Pentium Haswell (I don't know which model, he didn't say since I just wanted an estimae) 3Ghz (Dual Core?) $110
PSU 500W - $47
Case (midtower USB 3.0) - $47

If there are better options, could you please help me out?
What are you doing for persistent storage? Traditional HDD? SSD?

-Albatross
closed account (NUj6URfi)
Don't use a pentium. Get a quad core 2.8ghz i3 or i5. Some games specifically don't run on pentium like far cry 4. Try getting another few gbs of ram, 16 can be overkill but maybe try adding a 4gb stick and if you can, split up that 8gb stick. 2x4gb is faster than 8gb.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Personally I would go with a 750W PSU, if not 1000W.
@Therabbit.. well an SSD is out of my budget, and I already have a caviar blue 500gig drive so I'm hoping that would be enough?

@toad1359 Woah, really? Like does it show some error or it just doesnt run?
Oh and why is that (2x4GB > 8GB in terms of speed)?

@FurryGuy Would I really need that much? Cause I checked and the recommended for the 750Ti was <500W so I think it should be enough, right?
Last edited on
Each stick of RAM has its own clock. Making two fetches from one stick is potentially slower than two fetches from two sticks.
@noxzema oh well, thanks! :D
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
I suggest a heftier PSU because I have needed more power when I had built boxes in the past, and then upgraded the components with bigger power needs.

Running at the edge of power requirements can lead to weird intermittent problems because components don't get a full power load.

What works today may not work as well a few months from now. Components do age and change power requirements.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.