Compiler on Windows XP

I have Windows XP. How do I download C++ compiler on my PC?
Visual Studio 2008 works fine on XP. However, it seems that Microsoft is no longer offering VS2008 for download.

Why do you need to develop on an XP machine? Even Visual Studio 2015 has XP-specific target platforms that you can build for XP with, just get a Windows 7 or Windows 10 machine and develop for XP that way.
Last edited on
It's been 14 years. Time to upgrade.
I think http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/ should work on XP.
Visual Studio 2008 works fine on XP

Visual Studio 2010 also runs fine on Windows XP SP3, but it's no longer provided by Microsoft either (unless it's available to MSDN subscribers?)

As well as Visual Studio 2008 and 2010, I'm running MinGW's 32-bit version of GCC tools (1.4.8) on my Windows XP machine (used either with CodeLite or Code::Blocks)

Andy

PS I also own Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 (soon to be Windows 10) PCs, and a dead Windows Vista one, too.
Last edited on
and a dead Windows Vista one, too.
That one can roll in its grave.
It is interesting how Microsoft releases an alternating pattern of good Windows, bad Windows, good Windows, bad Windows...
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Windows versions are like the software equivalent of the original series Star Trek movies.

While the general opinion of bad Windows versions is known I know people who swear WinME and Vista were two of the best versions released.
I know people who swear WinME and Vista were two of the best versions released.
They aren't, perchance, sysops or managers of some type, are they?
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
@Duoas

"Regular" Windows users, sad to say. People who have to have written instructions how to start and use their apps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.