• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Anyone know how to make an image irrever

Anyone know how to make an image irreversible (unsearchable)?

Hey guys, does anyone here know how to make an image irreversible? I heard there's a way in doing it using photoshop but I am certainly not a graphic designer or anything like that so I'm completely ignorant in that area. Here's the thing, my sister uploaded a picture of herself on a gaming forum, she basically set it as her profile picture. Moments later, she began receiving messages and notifications on her facebook from people she never met. The picture she uploaded on her gaming profile is contained on her facebook timeline, this lead me to believe that people were using several image-reverse engines to locate her social media accounts. Does anyone know how you could go about making a picture unsearchable?

Thank you very much.
Best advice is just don't upload an image of yourself on a gaming forum, or at least use a different image.

Otherwise there are 1000 threads on google about ways to "try" and avoid this. Here is a good start + related questions. https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-good-methods-to-make-an-image-non-searchable-in-Google-reverse-image-search

Doesn't hurt to make sure all privacy settings are on for fb as well.
Last edited on
Use high-resolution colored ASCII art generator and keep it under the post limit.
Suppose you have picture A that's visible in a place containing private information, and suppose you upload picture B, which is "similar" to A, somewhere where you don't want people to be able to correlate it to A.
Image comparison algorithms often have problems with the following transformations:
* B is a significant crop of A. All but the most robust algorithms will have problems if B contains only 10% of the pixels of A.
* A has a thick frame of random color noise in both high and low frequencies, and B only has the actual image of interest.
* A is an animated GIF and the image of interest is not contained in the first frame. This is actually fairly effective. I'm not aware of any image comparison algorithms that can deal with animation.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.