Preview/Formatting not working?

Hi,

I am trying to post a new topic but Format icons don't work, while typing the message Length is 0 (the count is sometimes updated when I click outside of the form but mostly not) and the Preview shows an empty message :-/

On the other side, the Reply form is working OK.

FF 39.0
Known issues, already reported.
This was my very first post, I took a look thru the Lounge but didn't notice anything about posting issues so I thought it has something to do with my browser/extensions.

So the workaround would be to format the new post in some Reply form and then copy/paste, cancel the reply and paste the text into the New topic form.

Thank your for the reply!
Regards
I just type bbcode manually, I never really use buttons on forums because typing is faster than using the mouse :)
Last edited on
Use the "Spotted an error? contact us" link at the bottom of the page
Same here
Or just trust your abilities and edit it after you post if you really do bad.
I just type bbcode manually, I never really use buttons on forums because typing is faster than using the mouse :)

Yes, you are right the typing is faster. However, it is much faster to preview the post using the Preview button than editing the post that has already been sent.
BTW, why is 'Bookmark the topic'/'Subscribe to the topic' implemented as XOR - that is: only one option can be active but not both at the same time?
They can both be active at once - the JavaScript detects when you change the combo box and alters your bookmarks/subscriptions, replacing the list item with the option to remove instead. It just takes a couple page loads.
Last edited on
closed account (E0p9LyTq)

As a user gains familiarity with the bb coding system the more they may type the codes manually. Some people will always fall back on a mouse and buttons.

I am learning the manual codes, sloooooooowly. ;)
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
@LB, it isn't that I don't know the codes, my brain does. It is my fingers that need to be trained.
Last edited on
They can both be active at once - the JavaScript detects when you change the combo box and alters your bookmarks/subscriptions, replacing the list item with the option to remove instead. It just takes a couple page loads.

I can't find a way to make both of the options active at the same time. As soon as I activate 'subscribe' the topic does not show in the results when I filter the 'bookmarked topics' anymore. And the opposite - as soon as I choose it to be bookmarked it doesn't anymore show in the results when I filter the 'subscribed topics'. So the situation is:

bookmark     = ON
subscription = OFF

combo box: subscribe

bookmark     = OFF
subscription = ON

combo box: bookmark

bookmark     = ON
subscription = OFF
Ok, I can confirm that behavior - that's really bad UI.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.