Your thoughts?

closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
I'm debating whether I should learn swift the new language that replaced Objective C for ios development. I have little experience with C++, I just know the basics of C++, and I'm learning classes right now in my Introduction Computer Science II course at my Uni. Do you think it's a good idea to take on another language while learning C++ still? I'm only asking because I eventually want to be able to create ios applications for the iphone and ipad. I'm really interested in software developing, and I want to find a job in this field, when I graduate from my Uni as CS major. Your thoughts?
If you want to go into app development, remember that there are multiple platforms: Windows, Android, iOS, etc. - all three of the platforms I just mentioned support C++ in some form or fashion (e.g. Android NDK). You could learn each programming language separately, which requires a lot of disparate learning, or you could learn one programming language: C++.
Or you could grab a framework which supports all three major platforms (some even some support desktop and web) in a higher level and easier to use language. First one that comes to mind is LibGDX.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.