Best options for windows vps for me.

I am in the process of ordering a virtual private server on which to host my web service written in c++. My web service communicates with a sql express database and requires some facility with which to send emails.

I am aware of options that provide only a facility for sending emails but would not prefer this as I would then have to use some type of web mail to receive and send normal emails which would cause my website to lose professionalism.

While searching I came across two options:

One option is through kamatera - they offer hosting @ $19 / month and hosted exchange for an additional $8 / month.
The other option is through win-vps - they offer hosting at just over $9 /month but do not offer hosted exchange - instead they offer smarter mail.

My dilemma here involves the routine maintenance that I will have to apply to my Smarter web service vs the managed hosted exchange service that I should be able to use without such concerns.

Which options would you choose and why?
No advice on this from senior members?

Is this because this site runs adds for certain vps hosting companies and thereby might advocate views that could be biased leaning toward those sites advertised for or views that could be regarded as conflict of interest if not promoting those sites.
Nope. That has nothing to do with it.
What a shame - this site used to be one the places where one could expect and receive descent advice / responses.

What caused this change of demeanour?
I would rather think that no one is in this situation. Pus: no one can make the decision for you.

I would choose the cheaper one and see if I get along with it. If not change to the other one.
Thanks for the response coder777

With regards to choosing the cheaper option I have noted that more expensive providers offer DDOS protection and SSL ... is not having these things on a website usually an issue nowadays?
Not necessarily. Usually: The more traffic the more security.

A web page that has no particular safety requirements don't need this stuff. A site that is recently started isn't expected to have all this protection anyway.

If there is payment involved it is of course essential.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.