Anyone willing to join new c++ project?

Hi, Very boring here, and googling "project ideas" to kill time.

picked at these projects from google results:
-download manager
-password safe
-FTP client
-roulette game
-or any other kind of simple 2D game

Is there anyone willing to team up to start one of these projects?
or if you have better idea...

Btw, I really suck at low level programming, I'm OK with following libraries instead:

boost
crypto++
gtkmm

project doesn't have to include GUI, the aim is practical cryptography and networking by using some real world example for practice and hobby.

share your own ideas or opinions...
Last edited on
a torrent client may be more interesting than FTP
yes torrent client sounds complex enough, definitely more interesting.

but I do not have access to my firewall and that could probably be an obstacle sooner or later for p2p testings.

Here is a libtorrent library for C++
http://www.libtorrent.org/

from what i've gathered libtorrent makes use of boost libraries, in particular boost::asio, which is absolutely great!

and bittorent protocol reference:
http://jonas.nitro.dk/bittorrent/bittorrent-rfc.html

a bit of learning fundamentals... and that's it,
even though I'm not sure how hard this might be all together :/
Yeah this could work for me. I'm an Electrical and Computer engineering final year and I'm looking for projects that I can do to cement my coding skills and apply what I know. If your serious then I'm up for it.
oh and am pretty descent at low level programming
I wouldn't mind jumping in. I'm pretty good at low-level programming, though it shouldn't need to be done given that the Standard provides HL objects and RAII adaptations for things like pointers.

If you havn't done any asynchornous, parallell programming, I suggest you write a simple GUI program to start off. It's much different than programming for the terminal.

If you decide to start a project, let me know and send me the link to the repository.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.