• Forum
  • Lounge
  • How do I achieve this but without beings

How do I achieve this but without beings just texts?

In the link below(remember to go there), is my dream, yet, it is text files-only. How can do the same thing with the fstreams or other but rather get images or another sense ex. sound if that helps? Please don't say OpenCv/ROS(for all senses) - they are brutal! I had already found ways to avoid it ex. EV3 "blocks" language can open the sensors sounds or API coming with a robot. But gotta keep looking!

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/52458/
If you don't want to use something like OpenCV, then you'll have to figure out how to properly read the image file based on extension. You see, C++ can open any file no problem; it's a matter of what to do with all the data that's the question. I recommend you try to make a C++ program that can properly read a .bmp file first: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP_file_format

It's a rather straightforward image file type; the wikipedia page should detail what exactly the file format looks like interally. Feel free to google other people's attempts; there should be some info out there to help you get started. From there you can deal with other file formats such as .jpg, .tif, and so on. For most image file formats, you will deal with a header followed by the actual data; the header details how the data should be read. It's entirely dependent on the format, and even the same filetype might have different ways to read the data based on internal design.
What is the code or basically what do I use if all I want to do is "opens it fine no problem"? I want to see what this(* * text below) will give me:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use something like OpenCV, then you'll have to figure out how to properly read the image file based on extension. ****You see, C++ can open any file no problem****; it's a matter of what to do with all the data that's the question. I recommend you try to make a C++ program that can properly read a .bmp file first: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP_file_format

It's a rather straightforward image file type; the wikipedia page should detail what exactly the file format looks like interally. Feel free to google other people's attempts; there should be some info out there to help you get started. From there you can deal with other file formats such as .jpg, .tif, and so on. For most image file formats, you will deal with a header followed by the actual data; the header details how the data should be read. It's entirely dependent on the format, and even the same filetype might have different ways to read the data based on internal design."
What Ispil means is that you can open a file and read its contents, but that's different from being able to understand the contents. If you don't want to use a library, you'll have to implement the image formats yourself.
But I don't need to understand what will open, only send whatever opens to check if matches whatever will open in the other special image.
That's only if you are making an EXACT match between two sources, if there is a change in lighting, distance or angle, just to name a few, then you will have to apply transformations and filters to the image that you are reading to see if it is a match for the one you are comparing against. This is why you need to understand the format that you are working with.

That's if you are working with live sounds and images from sensors that is. If all you want to do is look for a match between two files that might not share the same name then what you want to look into is file hashing which is so much simpler that you could probably get it down in less than a week.

Forgive me if I've misunderstood you. I've been away from this site for a while.
Last edited on
But if I make each color pixel mean a different number and the #s only rise/lower to other colors or brightness maybe I can make my own ways to have them match? It's really important. For my AI!
Well, for one, not all of an image file is just pixel data. There is also header information that details the format of the pixel data- what numbers translate to what colors, et cetera. Honestly though, if you're doing this for AI, you would really be better off to learn OpenCV; that is one of its main applications.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.