EXTREMELY FRUSTATED WITH SFML-2.3.2

AAARGHHHH!!!!!

I am done with SFML, it is driving me crazy. Someone PLEASE help me!!!

Sooo...

On topic now, anyway, I have a program in Visual Studio Community 2015, that uses SFML 2.3.2. As for installation, linking, and everything as far as getting SFML to work is fine. But, when I get to getting fonts in, My thing goes wrong.

Firstly: the font wouldn't load, so I had to put the exact path (so inconvenient!)
Secondly: Now, after doing everything lots of forums told me too, I tried to render it. Everything works fine, it builds, the font loads, but... IT DOESN'T RENDER! I don't know what happened. Oh yeah, the console says something about hardware acceleration for OPENGL not being implemented properly and also something about artifacts that might show on sprites and something about a generic Windows something.

INFO:

Windows 10.
Very Old Computer from like 2010
Visual Studio 2015 Community

So help...
Can you provide your computer specifications along with your source code?
the source code is fine, as it built and run. I copied and pasted it, anyway.
The source code might not have compile-time warnings/errors but that doesn't mean it can't have run-time bugs. Something not rendering could be an issue with the code and not your hardware, but we can't know without more information.
OP wrote:
Oh yeah, the console says something about hardware acceleration for OPENGL not being implemented properly ... Windows 10. Very Old Computer from like 2010

+1 JagerDesu, SFML runs on OpenGL. If you're using generic drivers because the chipset you have isn't supported on Windows 10 than you could be missing support for OpenGL. Let us know the make and model of your system, the chipset of the graphics card if possible and the driver you are using.
Ok I will check,
Computer is ACER Aspire 1825 PT
Default video card, graphics card, and the default OpenGL version is in it for the computer
Last edited on
It looks like Intel has only released drivers up to Windows 7 for that chipset, 4500M. If you can I would recommend rolling back to Windows 7 or 8.1. I've read some success stories about different mobile chipsets running correctly if you run the installer in compatibility mode, but at that point the chipset is unsupported and may ultimately be more trouble than it is worth. If it tells you that the driver isn't signed, then you could run it with bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON but at that point you're basically running Windows in debug mode.
Thank you, it is worth a try on my part, although I might just buy a new computer... xD
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.