Your Stupidest Ideas

A place where you post your dumb ideas that you don't have the ability to finish but hope someone else might be able to play around with it...

Not quite a request thread, just a nerdy wishlist/idea-share thread. If you know of an open-source program that has similar qualities or resources that might help someone with their idea then please share.

The idea I've had in the back of my mind is as minimally interactive a game as possible. It has between 3 and 6 AI characters all fighting in a capture-the-flag type battle over your mouse.
I imagine characters shooting projectiles at the cursor, if hit it changes your cursor to a character's flag theme.
If you don't shake the mouse twice it means that you're too busy, the character walks up and takes the cursor to their home base, essentially hiding the mouse from the screen. (The base is on the root screen at lowest layer so it does not affect things if you really are busy).
A battle over control of the cursor will also continue at the lowest layer under all other windows.

Moving the mouse will bring it to the top layer again, shaking it will clear ownership, ownership for more than X minutes will result in a win for a team.

(You can therefore affect who is winning, but if otherwise preoccupied it will be less distracting than a full-blown game.)
that sounds pretty cool honestly...i love wasting time.
Last edited on
.i love wasting time

Will keep that in mind for your future posts.
In 1999 or 2000 I wrote an implementation of Pong that ran in a browser, using Netscape 4.x as the browser, javascript, and HTML layers (what we had before span and div tags). Worked pretty OK but I had issues with my bounce algorithms (only could go 8 directions mostly due to lack of time to complete it) and detecting a paddle hit (if the paddle hadn't been moved enough)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.